Pathé: We’ve come back
The National Archives education team’s film of the month highlights a Pathé film relating to current events, anniversaries or key topics that you may be covering in the classroom.
This month’s clip is ‘We’ve come back’– a film about evacuee children returning after the Second World War.
With this film, students could consider:
- What was life like for evacuee children during the war?
- Why is the film concentrating on two young children? How old do you think they are? What were their experiences of war?
- What type of places where children evacuated from? Where did they go?
- What did they find when they returned home?
- What is the purpose of this film? Consider the ending in particular.